Prof. Dr. Elena Bužan Appointed As A New Member Of The Expert Council For Animal Protection
It is our pleasure to announce that our very own Project Leader, Prof. Dr. Elena Busan, has been appointed as a new member of the Expert Council for Animal Protection (SSZŽ)
The tasks of SSZŽ are to monitor the state and scientific findings in the field of animal protection and to propose measures and activities, to provide opinions and proposals in the preparation of regulations on animal protection, as well as opinions on the appropriateness of placing an animal species on the list of permitted animal species at the request of the competent authority.
In addition, SSZŽ proposes criteria for issuing permits for experiments on animals, gives opinions and proposals in other matters for which it is requested by state authorities, and performs other advisory tasks in the field of animal protection.
Along with Prof Busan, the SSZŽ has also appointed:
- Severina Iskrač, Society for Animal Protection Maribor,
- dr. Alenka Dovč, University of Ljubljana, Veterinary Faculty,
- prof. dr. Ožbalt Podpečan, University of Ljubljana, Veterinary Faculty,
- dr. Tina Klenovšek, University of Maribor, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics,
- Janko Skok, University of Maribor, Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences,
- prof. dr. Manja Zupan Šemrov, Biotechnical Faculty.
The SSZŽ will organize the first session of the new composition in September, and we can not wait to report back on the great work Elena and this new team will achieve in the fields of Animal Protection and research.